Keep your family and your home safe with an electrical inspection.
When it comes to your electricity, you should avoid risks at all costs. Electricity can be dangerous, and because it is a huge part of our daily lives, you need to do everything that you can to make sure that your family and your home is safe. In our last blog, our electrician in Cincinnati, OH went over why electrical inspections are important and potential hazards that an electrical inspection can reveal. But how do you know when you should get your home inspected?
Are you due for an electrical inspection?
How often should you get regular inspections?:
- If you own your home – every 10 years.
- If you rent out your home – every 5 years.
- If you have a swimming pool – every year.
Other times when an inspection is necessary:
- When you buy a new home.
- When you remodel your kitchen.
- When you install a new home security system.
- When you update your thermostat wiring.
- When your home renovations require a permit.
- When you are installing a hot tub, spa or pool.
Warning signs that indicate the need for an electrical inspection.
Although, as a general rule, you can follow the above guide on when to get inspections, there are certain warning signs that indicate the need for an immediate inspection, including:
- Flickering lights.
- A burning smell from your appliances.
- Outlets that feel warm and spark.
- Failing circuit breakers.
- Fuses that regularly blow.
Are you due for an electrical inspection? If so, contact us today to schedule yours!